Find out if the Windows 10 version installed in your computer is compatible with QuickBooks Desktop. Lets talk Which Windows 10 version works best for QuickBooks Desktop?
If you have (Windows 7 or 8) then you are good to go there is no need to upgrade Windows xp,7,8.1 to Windows 10. However, if you’ve updated or bought a new computer with Windows 10 already installed, we can help you check the version to ensure its compatibility with QuickBooks Desktop.
How do I check my Windows 10 version?
Not everyone uses Windows 10 on the same version. To check the version as well as other specifications…
- Click on you Start menu and type About your PC.
- Click About your PC, then scroll down to find your version number.
Which versions of Windows 10 are supported with QuickBooks Desktop?
Now that you have your version number, look below to see which is certified to work with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows 10 version 1809 (latest): QuickBooks Desktop 2016-2019 are not yet fully certified for version 1809. However, we are not aware of any major issues preventing you from using QuickBooks on this version of Windows 10, so you shouldn’t have any trouble.
- Windows 10 version 1803: QuickBooks Desktop 2016-2019 are fully certified to work properly on version 1803 of Windows 10.
- Windows 10 version 1709: QuickBooks Deskto 2019-2019 are fully certified to work properly on version 1709 of Windows 10.
- Windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703: If you are using the Home or Pro versions of Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703, we recommend you update to the latest release of Windows 10. Microsoft has already discontinued support for these versions. See Windows Life-Cycle fact sheet for more details.