In this article we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error Code 80070057, How to occurs or QuickBooks says 80070057 the parameter is incorrect and why it came to your computer. Whenever you get this error, it means that you don’t have sufficient permissions to delete files in a specific folder Or When you try to open a company file, you see one of the following messages: Moreover you call call directly to the customer care executive at +1-(818) 900-9884
80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files within the specific QuickBooks folder. To use QuickBooks in an multi-user mode you need to have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder wherever the Quickbooks company file originally stored.
Possible causes of this error:
- You are opening Quickbooks company file by double-clicking instead of opening the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you’re trying to open a company file that is stored in a folder on a redirected desktop, and also the computer (such as a laptop) isn’t connected to the network.
- The third party firewall isn’t setup or modified for QuickBooks.
- The antivirus used is BitDefender, that blocks uncommon ports once there’s data traffic between computers. QuickBooks Desktop 2018, 2017, and 2016 use the database service running on the host computer. This database service communicates through ports 56728(2018), 56727 (2017),
Perform the subsequent counselled solutions to resolve the error.
In order to use QuickBooks in an multi-user mode, you need to write or read access, and create or delete the rights to the folder where originally the quickbooks company file is stored.
Here is a number of the counselled solutions that you just will perform to resolve the error.
First, you can re-launch your QuickBooks and runs as administrator.
Run as administrator
- Right-click the program icon.
- Choose Run as administrator.
Open the company file after the QuickBooks program has already opened
Unlike different program, QuickBooks Desktop is configured to be opened from within the program and NOT by double-clicking the company file.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key, then select All Programs. Note: For Windows 8 and 10, enter in QuickBooks.
- Select the QuickBooks version that you are trying to open.
- If your company file did not open automatically, select the company file, then choose Open.
Move the Quickbooks Company file folder to local drive
Move your Company File to a folder on the C: drive, (which is that the default), in order that all laptop on the network will have access to the file.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
Manually Resolve Error 80070057 the parameter is incorrect
- Rename the .nd file.
- Open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Look for the corresponding .nd file of your company file.Example:MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- Right-click the .nd file, then select Rename.
- Type in .old at the end of the file name.Example:MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old
- Rescan your file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.Note: This step is only applicable if you are using the company file over the network. Please perform this step on the Server.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key, then type in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select Add Folder to display Browse Folder window.
- Choose the folder where your company file is stored, then OK.
- Select Scan.
- After the scan, re-open the company file.
Configure your Firewall Software
- See Firewall and Internet security for updates and network access to view the exceptions needed.
- Follow the directions from your firewall supplier to tack together your firewall to permit net access to the QuickBooks Desktop files on all computers.
- If configuring the firewall doesn’t resolve the problem, please uninstall then reinstall the firewall (if you have got the mandatory installation files).
Configure BitDefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- From the BitDefender 10.0 main menu, choose Antivirus.
- Select Custom level > Exclude path from scan.
- Choose the New item button.
- Select the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse to the company file.Example: “Q:\”
Call +1-(818) 900-9884
Related Terms: quickbooks error code, quickbooks file doctor, quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, quickbooks error 6189 816, quickbooks error 6190 816, quickbooks firewall error, microsoft error code 80070057, quickbooks 2017 80070057, quickbooks there was an unexpected error, error80070057, QuickBooks is Not Working, QuickBooks isnstalling is failed