QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Results
I appreciate the clarification you’ve given. Allow me to step into this conversation and help share some more steps to get past the error 194 that you received.
As mentioned by my peer AlcaeusF above, error 194 occurs when there are some issues with your QuickBooks company file data. To get this sorted out, we can try repairing your QuickBooks which can help fix data-related issues.
Let me guide you how:
- Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
- Create a backup for your company file.
- Select Startand then Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program.
- Choose QuickBooks in the list of programs and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Select Continue, then Next.
- Select Repairthen Nex Wait for the Repair to complete.
- Choose Restart your computer if prompted.
Once done, make sure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release.
To learn more about this process, please check out this article: Fix QuickBooks Desktop.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, you can also try running the reboot.bat process that can help fix file issues for QuickBooks.
Here’s an article that will guide you with the entire procedure: Run Reboot.bat.
That should do it!
Please let me know if there’s anything else that you need concerning error 194 in QuickBooks Desktop. I’ll be around to help. Have a great day!