There could be several reasons why you can’t process a credit or debit card transaction.Call +1(818) 900-9884 Or Follow the steps below to get back to processing cards within QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Here are some of the errors that you may encounter when unable to take a card payment:
- Invalid PIN
- Invalid Credit Card Type
- Invalid Merchant Number
- Not an allowed card type
- Card not supported
- Invalid merchant account
- Merchant account information not recognized
These errors can be caused by an invalid entry from the customer or employee and/or Internal Server errors. Try the following steps to identify the root cause of the issue:
- Use another card to process the transaction to identify if the problem is coming from the system or card type.
- Instead of inserting the card, try keying in the card information.
- Use a different system (GoPayment or Merchant Service Center)
- Clear temporary internet files and cache.
- Try another station/terminal.
If you’re using a credit card:
- Ensure that the card has a credit card and not a debit card logo.
- Make sure that your Merchant Account is properly configured to process the card type your customer is using.From the Merchant Service Center, go to Account, then Account Profile.
This is it!