In this article we are going to talk about How to Resolve QuickBooks Installation Errors Like QuickBooks Error 3371. In addition, QuickBooks Error 12000 error Series like 12152, 12157, 12165, 12166 is also going to be resolved in other words, Lets Get Started ..
Resolve Installation Errors by Deleting Damaged File
Learn how to resolve installation errors by deleting damaged file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Installation of QuickBooks Desktop requires you to enter a license number and a product code to complete the validation process. If the encrypted file containing the information is damaged, QuickBooks will not open.
In those situations, deleting the entitlement file and re-entering your license and product information will help resolve the issue. We show you how.
Common errors that can be fixed by deleting entitlement file
The following are some issues and errors that can be resolved by deleting the entitlement file:
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.“
- “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears after you subscribe and sync.
- Error re-configuring your edition of QuickBooks.
- Sync License Data Online is grayed out and unclickable.
- Edit List link isn’t in No Company Open
Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Ensure that all QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
- From the keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This opens the Task Manager. Windows 10: Select More Details to show Task Manager
- Select the Processes
- Sort the processes alphabetically by selecting the Process Name
- Search for all instances of EXE. And select and select End Task.
- Open the entitlement data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run
- EnterC:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press Enter. (The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.)
- Right-click the ecml file. And select Delete.
- Select Yes to confirm you want to delete the file.
- Open your company file and follow the instructions to register the application.
|Note: If you have QuickBooks Point of Sale installed, you will also need to re-register the program since it uses the same EntitlementDataStore.ecml file as QuickBooks Desktop.|
12000 series of connectivity error codes
The 12000 series of Windows Internet connectivity errors are reported from the Microsoft Win32 Internet (WinInet) application programming interface (API). QuickBooks Desktop uses the WinInet API for easy access to standard Internet protocols, such as Gopher, FTP, and HTTP. These errors can appear in QuickBooks when downloading or receiving an update.
You can connect to Intuit servers for updates or transmissions.
You have an internet connection.
Here is a list of error codes:
- 12001 through 12006: QuickBooks Desktop cannot complete this update. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved.
- 12007: QuickBooks Desktop cannot find an IP address for a server. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved.
- 12008 through 12164: QuickBooks Desktop cannot complete this update. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved. See Troubleshooting QuickBooks update errors.
- 12052:The 12052 error is a nonspecific error message that indicates a connectivity issue is preventing QuickBooks from downloading updates.
You may have internet connection issue causing these errors. Try sending in safe mode to resolve your error.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Choose Tools > Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced
- Scroll to the Security group and click to clear the checkbox for Check for server certificate revocation and Check for publishers’ certificate revocation.
- Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
- Minimize Internet Explorer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Attempt payroll updates again.
Test the Internet connection outside of QuickBooks Desktop by opening your web browser and opening a website you don’t normally visit (to make sure the page is not cached). If you cannot view this site, the issue is with the Internet connection outside of QuickBooks.
If you can view the website:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, choose Help > Internet Connection Setup.
- Select Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.
- Click Next.
- Select Advanced Connection Settings.
- Click the Advanced
- Scroll to the Security group, verify that Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are selected.
- Click Click Done.
- Verify the configuration of the Internet security and personal firewall settings.
Note: If you need assistance with this, contact your Internet service provider, or ISP.
12152 when downloading payroll updates: This error message can appear when the Internet Connection Settings in QuickBooks are not configured correctly.
Note: Before starting the configuration procedure that follows, make sure that you are connected to the Internet and can access a secure site by doing the following:
- Go to the Account Maintenance Pages, or
- Open an Internet browser and make sure you are connected.
- Go to a secure site such as wellsfargo.com, bankofamerica.com, or your own bank’s web site. If the address bar shows https://, then it is a secure site.
Configure the Internet connection settings:
- In QuickBooks, choose Help > Internet Connection Setup.
- Select Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet. Click Next. If a second box does not open for the Internet settings:
- Choose Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click Internet Option.
- Click Advanced Connection Settings. Click the Advanced
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings Verify that the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are selected.
- Click Click Done.
- Try the update again.
Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is not being blocked, by a firewall.
Start the computer in Safe Mode and try to download payroll updates. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved.
- Restore Advanced Settings:
- Outside QuickBooks Desktop, open IE browser.
- Go to Tools menu> Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced
- Click Restore Advanced Settings
QuickBooks Desktop cannot reach your Internet proxy. Try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved. If that doesn’t work, contact the person or company who set up your Internet connection to make sure that your proxy configuration is correct.
12166 through 12173
QuickBooks Desktop cannot complete this update. Make sure that your Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved.
After that, If the issue is still bothers you Call our Customer Care at +1-(818) 900-9884. However, You can also Chat Live to the Customer Care Executive.