What is QuickBooks Error H505?
NOTE: This error code is among one of a series of errors involving the Hosting setting, including Error Codes – 6000 82, H101, H202, H303 & H505 that occurs due to same reason. When the user tries approaching the company files in multi-user mode or other computer that does not have complete installation set up of QuickBooks software.
Causes for QB Error H505
- When you try to access the company file that is placed on another computer, and the QB software fails to reach the server causes the error H202.
- QB installed in the system [server name] is set up to allow all the shared connections to the company file, but the QB software is unable communicate causing error H202.
- When you are attempting to open your company file placed on another computer, that requires additional installation and setup for successful approach causes errors H101, H303, and H505.
- • Opening QB Company File failed on Workstation user while QB setup in multi-user mode .
When Intuit QuickBooks Error H505 Encounter
- You system may have firewall security software that may block access to computer where the company file is located.
- The QB software fails to obtain the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer where the company file is located
- the .ND file is damaged
- The hosting configuration setting is not correct.
Resolutions for the QuickBooks Error H505
1# Create Exception Settings for Firewall
- Click Start -> Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel -> search Firewall Settings.
- Select Firewall Settings -> Allow a Program through Firewall.
- Click Add Program -> add QuickBooks 20xx to the exception list.
- Then restart your computer to ensure changes are applied correctly.
2# Analyze QuickBooks Hosting Settings
- Open QuickBooks application on both the computers configured as multi-user.
- Click File -> on Utilities ->Stop Hosting Multi User Configuration
- Turn on Hosting by File in one computer -> Utilities -> Host Multi User Configuration.
- Restart both the QuickBooks once again.
3# Change Setting of QuickBooks Folder Location
- Create new folder on hosting computer -> share it -> set Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Note: If you are unable to access your QuickBooks file server, report to the IT professional.
- Copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Open your Company file in multi-user mode.
H505 Error On Windows Server
Also have to check first the connectivity for this they can use Network Diagnostic Tool from the Intuit QB tool list. But a number of cases notices by the team where WIN Server compatibility causes behind, below we are giving all Windows Server & its compatibility
|Lits of Windows Server||Compatibility Check|
|Windows Server 2019||✅ Compatible|
|Windows Server 2016||✅ Compatible|
|Windows Server 2012 R2||✅ Compatible|
|Windows Server 2012||✅ Compatible|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||❗ Less Compatible Soon Expire|
|Windows Server 2008||❗ Less Compatible Soon Expire|
|Windows Server 2003 R2||❌ No Compatible|
|Windows Server 2003||❌ No Compatible|
|Windows 2000||❌ No Compatible|
|Windows NT 4.0||❌ No Compatible|
|Windows NT 3.51||❌ No Compatible|
|Windows NT 3.5||❌ No Compatible|
This Company File Is On Another Computer
Case 1 : In a company, QB is both locally & remotely used by the users, user can login remotely together and works, also they can works parallel in the local hosted QB. The problem arises when one user log in QuickBooks remotely and other one want to use it locally error comes and says the QB company file already open in another system and you have to log out first on that location.
Case 2 : QuickBooksDBXX services crash due to some changes into the registry and after scanning the QB system user unable to find any solutions. Whenever a user wants to log on to Hosted QB Server error message displayed “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
User Often complains that multiuser mode not working but in some cases user either not installed QuickBooks on a server as Administrator or forget to enable multi-user mode. Also, there are few cases come when user not switched to multi-user mode to work. Intuit gives some guidelines to install QB for multi-user mode. In some case due to damages in QB company file user can face Error H101, H202, H303, or H505 types of error code.
Technical Help & Support for Intuit Error h505
When you encounter such error scenario you can choose alternatively for resolving the error. QuickBookExperts is a trustworthy QuickBooks Consulting Agency that employs highly experienced professionals who are proficient in handling H505 error along with the series of errors. If you are using any of the QuickBooks versions like QB POS, QuickBooks 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007) on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, and NT, you are accorded with feasible support. If you running enterprise verion than you need to Chat Live to the customer care executive for immediate soultion of QB Error h505.
The support team at QuickBookExperts is very prompt and active and has yet to disappoint any customers. Connect with us 24×7 through the toll free phone number ☎ +1-818-900-9884.
Modern businesses of all industry and size are following the trend of employing the smart and affordable QuickBooks accounting software to take their business to next level. The software helps in storing all vital business data in a single ‘QBW’ file. Due to unfriendly scenarios at times the company files get corrupt or damaged. It may be due to various reasons such as: virus infection, malfunction of hardware, operating system bugs etc. that ends up with losing access to all the precious information stored in the file.