Learn how to enter unpaid hours for your salaried employees in QuickBooks Online Payroll or Intuit Online Payroll.
If it’s time to run payroll, don’t forget to adjust your employee’s salary for this pay period if they:
- Started or were terminated halfway through the pay period.
- Started or ended a leave of absence during the pay period.
We’ll help you get this done. Follow the steps for your version of QuickBooks Online Payroll.
QuickBooks Online Payroll (Self Service and Full Service)
- Go to the Workers or Payroll menu, and select Employees.
- Select Run payroll. Then select the employees you need to pay.
- Select the salary amount of the employee with unpaid hours.
- Select Adjust salary this time only. Enter your employee’s unpaid hours, then select Apply.
- Select Preview payroll. Review the payroll details, and then Submit payroll.
Intuit Online Payroll
- Go to Payday.
- Find the employee with unpaid hours. In the Check Details section, select the paycheck icon to edit their total hours worked.
- Under Pay Hourly, enter your employee’s total paid hours (regular hours minus hours not worked).
- Select Create.
- On the Payday tab, you should see a reminder to approve your employee’s paycheck at the top. Select the “approval” link.
- Select Approve Paychecks and then Continue.
Intuit Full Service Payroll
- Go to Payday.
- Select Employees and then Next.
- Find the employee with unpaid time off. To open the salary calculator, select your employee’s salary.
- Enter the employee’s unpaid hours in the Hours not worked field, and then select Save.
- Select Preview Payroll and then Submit payroll.