Learn How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215 in 2020.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 15215
When downloading payroll updates, you receive the following error message:
Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.
This error is generally caused by a conflict with another application running in the background wh. The application could be a program that demands a lot of bandwidth, preventing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from making a connection to the server. It may also be caused by a firewall or firewall setting which may be blocking QB Desktop Payroll from connecting to the update server. Click each step below for more details.
Reboot the Computer
Restarting the computer can force an application that is inhibiting Payroll to close or reset it’s settings to relieve a blocked connection. If restarting corrects the issue, but you continue to get error 15215 on a recurring basis, double-check what programs are running on the computer that could cause the conflict. Continue with the steps below for a permanent solution.
Run QuickBooks Desktop as the Window’s Administrator.
Running QuickBooks Desktop as the windows administrator allows QuickBooks Desktop to take priority over most other programs in Windows. This also tells Windows to allow QuickBooks Desktop to use any resources necessary in order to work properly.
- Make sure the QuickBooks Desktop program is not running.
- On your desktop, right click on the QuickBooks Desktop
- Select “Run as administrator”
- If prompted with the message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”, Select “Yes”
Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced
- Under Settings, scroll to locate the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 (Also You may not find these options in your Internet Explorer version.)
- Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Verify Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not
- Click OK to close the window.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Reboot your computer. When restarted, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to download the update again.
Restart Windows in “Selective Startup”
If the error persists, check your system for running applications or programs that might be in conflict with downloading the payroll update, such as the CA Security Center, which has been known to cause conflicts with your software:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- On your computer, choose Run. See list below for your version of Windows:
Windows XP: Choose Start > Run.
Windows 7 and Vista: Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
Or Windows 8 and 10: on your keyboard, press the Windows key and letter R.
- In the Run field, enter msconfig. Click OK.
- The System Configuration Utility
- Select Selective Startup and clear the Load Startup Items See screenshot below:
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Restart your computer as prompted.
- After the computer has restarted, reopen QuickBooks and Download the latest tax table.
- If you are able to successfully download the update, follow steps 1 to 4 to go back to the System Configuration Utility.
- Select the Normal Startup checkbox and click
- Restart the computer again to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215 in 2020
- This action ensures that your system functions in a normal working environment. If there are items you want removed permanently, you might need to go to the Microsoft web site and Moreover search for how to clean boot Windows.
- If you were able to successfully download the update by clearing your Startup items, this indicates that one or more of the programs in your Startup items are conflicting with downloading the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll update.
However these steps above do not resolve the error, you may need to configure your Internet security, firewall or parental control settings. See Configure Internet security, personal firewall, and parental control applications for QuickBooks for additional troubleshooting steps.