Learn how to fix bank error 591 for an American Express Business account in QuickBooks Online.
Do you see error 591 when you try to connect your American Express Business account to QuickBooks? This can happen for a couple of reasons:
- The account is already connected to another QuickBooks. American Express accounts can only be tied to one company at a time.
- The connection is incomplete on the QuickBooks side of things. You started to connect your American Express Business account, but the process got interrupted in some way.
Here’s how to Fix bank error 591 for an American Express Business account
If your account is already connected to a QuickBooks company
Also, You can connect your American Express Business account to another company:
- Open the QuickBooks company file
- Disconnect the American Express Business account.
- Go to the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Check the blue tile for your bank account.
- Click the pencil ✎ icon to edit the account, then select Edit account info.
- Select the Disconnect this account on save checkbox.
- Select Save and close.
- Open the Quickbooks company you want to connect the account to.
- Connect your American Express Business account.
If you have an incomplete connection
If you couldn’t complete the connection, disconnect the account on the American Express website, then reconnect it in QuickBooks:
- Go to the American Express website.
- Select the Account Services tab.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Click Manage Partner Permissions and then Intuit to expand the section.
- Select Disconnect to stop the connection.
- Go back to QuickBooks Online and connect the account again.