Get help to downgrade your QuickBooks Online plan. in 2020.
You can always choose what’s best for your business. If you think your current QuickBooks Online plan isn’t the right fit, you can switch to a different version. Here’s how to downgrade your subscription.
Note: Downgrading removes all discounts you have on your current plan.
Step 1: Choose a new plan that fits your business
Check out this comparison chart to see which plan is right for you.
Step 2: Turn off some features in your current plan
Before you downgrade, you may need to turn off some features. If you use any of these features, follow the steps in the section:
Pause recurring transaction templates
If you need to switch to QuickBooks Online Simple Start, turn off your recurring transaction templates first. This plan doesn’t support recurring transactions.
To turn off recurring transaction templates:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Recurring Transactions.
- Select one of your templates. Then select the Edit ▼ dropdown.
- Select Pause and then Pause again to confirm.
Remove extra users
Learn more about each plan’s user limit.
You might need to remove some users depending on which plan you downgrade to and how many users it supports.
Turn off inventory
If you need to switch to QuickBooks Online Simple Start or Essentials, make your inventory items inactive first. You can only track inventory in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced.
Step 1: Save your financial reports
Before you deactivate inventory, save a report of all your products or services.
- Go to Reports.
- Search for and open the Product/Service List report.
- Select Customize, then Filter ▼.
- In the Deleted ▼ dropdown, select All.
- Select Run report.
- Print or export your report.
When you downgrade, your inventory items’ quantities reset to zero. Your items stay in QuickBooks, but you won’t be able to track quantity on-hand.
Step 2: Deactivate inventory
- Go to Settings ⚙ and then select Products and Services.
- Select the Filter ▼ dropdown.
- Select the Status ▼ dropdown, then select All.
- Click the Type ▼ dropdown, then select Non-inventory.
- Select Apply. This hides all your non-inventory items, the ones you will keep.
- Select the checkbox next to the name header to select all the Inventory items on the list.
- Choose Batch actions ▼ dropdown, then select Make inactive.
- Select Yes.
Learn more about multi-currency
QuickBooks Online Simple Start doesn’t have the multi-currency feature. If you currently use the multi-currency feature, you won’t be able to switch to QuickBooks Simple Start.
Cancel third-party apps
You may need to cancel any third-party apps you’re using if your new plan no longer supports them.
Step 3: Downgrade your plan
Once you’ve turned off what you need to, you can downgrade your plan:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription. Make sure your payment info is up-to-date.
- Select Downgrade your plan. If you can’t see this option, follow this link to downgrade.
- then Choose Plan.
- Review what’s changing with your new plan.
- When you’re ready, select Continue or Submit.
- Review the billing details.
- Select Change plan, then Done.
Step 4: Check if your plan is changed
Your plan should change immediately. To make sure your plan is downgraded:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin.
- Select Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Go to Billing & Subscription, then check your plan details.
Check your clients’ plan if you’re an accountant
If your client pays their QuickBooks plan directly, meaning they don’t pay you for it, follow the steps above.
However, if your client pays you to use QuickBooks (also known as wholesale billing), here’s how to check:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Select Settings ⚙, then select Subscriptions and Billing.
- Check to see your client’s new plan details.
If you decide to go back to your previous plan
You can go back to your previous plan whenever you need to.
If you decide to upgrade back to your old plan, be sure to:
- Re-activate your inventory items if you turned them off. Then, check the report you saved before downgrading to re-enter all your items’ quantity on hand.
- If you had to remove some of your users, you can invite them again.
- If you turned off your recurring transaction templates, you can turn them back on.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and then select Recurring Transactions.
- Select a transaction template, then select the Edit ▼ dropdown.
- Select Resume, then select Resume again to confirm.
Call +1-(818) 900-9884
Related Topics: System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020